Thursday, May 10, 2012

Swapped Red Maxi

[Red Maxi Dress (worn as a skirt): DKNY via a Swapaholics party; Cream Sheer Shirt: Forever 21 (old); Scarf: H&M (old); Shoes: Sperry Topsider in Ice; Earrings: BaubleBar; Bracelets: Flea Market]

A long red maxi dress seams like an impractical purchase unless you're Vanna White (but then it would have to be sparkly). BUT a long red maxi dress hanging on the racks at a Swapaholics party, waiting to be switched out with some garment you've tired of, well that's a different story. It's even better when you discover said long red maxi dress is DKNY. And when you realize that it can be worn under shirts, with heels, or flats.

Mikhail said this was my hippy outfit when he first saw me in it. I think he was confused. Hello, hippies don't wear Sperry Topsiders. But me, I love Topsiders. They can be completely prepped out with bright colors and cardigans, or prevent a boho ensemble from going too Woodstock. I've worn my navy pair to death, and was excited to see this awesome color via Kate of O My Heart! She's got some great style.  Oh, and this outfit fell on Day 5 of #StyleMeMay: put a scarf on it.

All photos by Mikhail Glabets 

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That would require lots more sparkle haha! But I'm game...

      Delete
  2. there is a Sperry store at the Burlington mall. just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful photo quality! I love this outfit as well! That red maxi looks amazing on you!:)

    MacKenzie and Molly
    www.ruffledromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girls! My husband is a pro photographer so he gets all the credit :)

      Delete
  4. love your look!
    I'm your newest follower!!
    kisses from Prague
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I' d love to find a top to pair with one of my long dresses too... and those earrings are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I had to bring in blue somehow.

      Delete
  6. so natural and beautiful! love that:)
    -a blogger from finland;)

    http://suklaisiaunelmia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the red maxi - and it looks so cute with the Topsiders!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post with flawless pictures!! Love to see the way you styled your maxi skirt.

    Keep up all the great blogging!
    xx,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for the sweet comment Mary! I love your blog, so thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. You're so beautiful, Erin! You deserve more followers here on Blogger! Let's keep in touch. These photos makes it a NEED for me to own a pair of red maxi skirt! As usual, lovely scenery and perfect outfit. <3

    -Eva
    http://creativecapricebyeva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...