Thursday, May 17, 2012

Slouchy Blue & Breezy Skirt

[Top: Barney's New York Outlet; Skirt: J.Crew factory (solids here) ; Shoes: Old Navy; Earrings: BaubleBar]

I'm craving all things slouchy, flowy, and patterned lately. This dress is the third of the J.Crew convertible-strapless-dress-I-can-do-anything wonder. In this case, worn as a skirt. That hits me at the midi length. A length I told you yesterday I had been afraid of. Oh, the strides I'm making.

Everyone goes nuts over dressy dresses with pockets, but this shirt has a pocket, so that's almost as cool. Yeah, so it adds extra material around my middle, but hey, that will be perfect for hiding a pregnancy once I get around to having kids.

One last thing, Mikhail kicked a soccer ball directly at my thighs 15 seconds before he started snapping away. So I was recovering for the first part of this shoot.

All photos by Mikhail Glabets

19 comments:

  1. cute look! I love slouchy looks! =) This is just the "right" amount of slouch. Great for the warmer months...

    And..ouch? Soccer on the thighs sounds a bit painful. You don't look like you were recovering. =)

    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and comfy! Love that last photo, you look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! I love your yellow capped toe flats. Your blog is so cute =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie! I really like yours too. You have soooo many cute dresses, I am jealous! Plus some awesome backdrops for your photos :)

      Delete
  4. Really pretty photos, love the shoes!

    Seize the Styles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! This shoes are definitely favorites of mine this spring.

      Delete
  6. You look so stunning in this outfit! The blue is perfection on you and I am loving the slouchy layers.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! I would wear this blue everyday if I could :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so happy the warm weather is here.

      Delete
  8. Really loving this color combo, and that top looks SO cute & comfy!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! Comfort always wins me over.

      Delete
  9. I like how you've done the slouchy look without looking "derelicte" :) This looks very spring-y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the colors help :). Thanks so much!

      Delete
  10. I love wearing a dress as a skirt...it has doubled my wardrobe! Your cap toe flats are adorable.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...