Thursday, March 22, 2012

Prepping for Spring

[Cardigan: Old Navy; Dress: Cynthia Rowley via T.J.Maxx (similar shape here in purple); Shoes: Old Navy; Scarf: Target; Ring: Forever 21; Bracelet: J.Crew factory, old; Earrings: Buffalo Exchange]
 
I saw this sweater on Old Navy's website and knew it needed to be in my closet. And it looks and feels better in person than it does in pictures, with its Chanel-esque boxy shape and detailed trim. The dress, that's a Cynthia Rowley piece I bought at T.J.Maxx last summer for a cool $30. I went into the store to buy socks or measuring cups or something equally utilitarian and the versatile navy form called out my name from the rack.

When combined, the two pieces evoke a sort country club feel. My boss at work said she felt like she should be giving me campaign donations. To keep myself looking too prim and proper, I made the look current by adding the beautiful brights popping up everywhere this season. Scarf from Target, and Old Navy shoes, which I first learned about from this local blogger. (They also come with a bright blue toe.) One more secret: that "bracelet" is actually a necklace I looped around several times. Most actual bracelets look goofy big on my small wrists, so this was a great alternative.

Oh, and as if my husband doesn't do enough (shoot and process every photo on here), he came up with the idea for today's post title. It almost doesn't even feel like spring in Boston, but summer,  at 83 degrees. Yes, 83 beautiful degrees. I was still slipping and sliding on ice this time last year.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a lovely blog! You're beautiful, your style is amazing and the photos on your blog look great! I'm your new follower, visit me if you want to :)

    Polka dot.

    http://polkadotka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My husband is a photographer so he gets full credit for the photos :). I love that bright pink polka dot scarf you have.

      Delete
  2. Love this look! So feminine and chic! Adore your blog xx would love for you to stop by and check out mine at www.littlemissbowpeep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm happy it's dress weather here. Just checked your blog out and I think it's super cute! I like your jean jacket and jean vest and the ways you wear them. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful outfit! Love your creative style. You are absolutely GORGEOUS, and your blog is amazing! I am really enjoying it. :)
    If you have the time, I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow!

    http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I love!!! That cardigan is gorgeous. When I saw it was from Old Navy I legit screamed out "Noooo!" The cut and design look so detailed, I doubt anyone would even think it possible to be from Old Navy. Good find! Love the color of that scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought the same about the sweater when I saw it online! Thanks for checking my outfits out :)

      Delete
  5. I was just at Old Navy on Thursday, and was highly disappointed they didn't have those shoes in my size. Also, I saw that cardigan and thought it looked TERRIBLE on the hanger, but seeing it on a person makes a huge difference! You look adorable!

    It was great meeting you yesterday, and I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous at first about the sweater too, but it had awesome reviews online so I took the plunge! Thanks for the compliments! It was great meeting you too! I'm looking forward to reading more of your fun stories and maybe seeing some more outfit pics :)

      Delete
  6. I love how ladylike this look is, the sweater is so Chanel-esque! You look beautiful.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra!! I actually discovered your blog last week and really love it! You rock some awesome colors. I'm really into the skirts you have in the last few posts too! Appreciate you stopping by here :)

      Delete
  7. The cardigan is so chic on you - especially paired with the knee length skirt, perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Katherine! I love the name of your blog...so cute

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...